Web version of this newsletter: http://www.chibarproject.com/Features/Newsletters/December2009.html
December 2009 Brewsletter
Made plans for New Year's yet? Avoid getting dragged to an expensive, Bud Light-soaked debacle and check out our New Year's Eve 2010 Open Bar Guide, sorted by cost from low to high.
T's Bar & Restaurant – double-pint nights and the best looking lesbians in Chicago
- Elephant & Castle – a surprisingly authentic Limey pub for a chain
- CND Gyros – cheap draft beer & gyros for lunch and karaoke on Fridays in Streeterville
- Mystic Celt – the best shepherd's pie in the city in the heart of the Southport Corridor
- Stocks & Blondes – great Loop spot to get schnockered at lunch time or after work
- Crew Bar + Grill – Chicago's only gay sports bar with over 60 beers in Uptown
- Poag Mahone's – no better place after work downtown for a pint o' the black stuff
- Pitchfork – whiskey and award-winning barbecue in Albany Park
- Bluelight – you could do far worse after 2am, and be sure to get the Bluelight Special
- Gallery Cabaret – one of Bucktown's last Bohemian hangouts with free live music daily
- Bird's Nest –
Certified Purveyor of the Miller High Life in Wrightwood Neighbors
- Richard's Bar – Soprano's-like joint infiltrated by hipsters on weekends in River West
The holiday season brings with it some excellent Chicago traditions: window-shopping on State Street, the Nutcracker performed by the Joffrey Ballet, eating under the tree at the Walnut Room in what once was Marshall Field's. Along the way, be sure to have a Tom & Jerry and a slab of ribs at Miller's Pub.
Reviews of Le Passage and some of Chicago's other hottest nightclubs, as well as a selection of kid-friendly bars. In the meantime, if you'd like to shoot as an idea or make a request, let us know.