Web version of this newsletter: http://www.chibarproject.com/Features/Newsletters/March2010.html
March 2010 Brewsletter
Snowing enough for you? That's what taxis are for, so cab it on down to Fifty/50 for our Mardi Gras Happy Hour on February 16 for a happy hour of free booze and complimentary appetizers from 6-7pm. Specials will follow from 7-9pm. Like our Bull & Bear event last month, the event is free but you must RSVP!
Also: Best Chicago Nightclubs 2010 – clubbing isn't just for baby seals anymore!
- Pure Café – Croatian bistro, bar and lounge in West Rogers Park serving a mean cevapi
- Stanley's on Racine – is the second Stanley's in West Town as good as the first? Find out.
- Bon V – is Casey Urlacher's baby one of the best clubs in Chicago or overrated? Find out II.
- Windy City Inn – the first submission from Rhiannon Wells, our newest writer
- Carnivale – restaurant by day, lounge by evening and club by night, viva la vida!
The weather's crap, so we're pulling out one of our old favorites: Guthries Tavern. With more boardgames than you can shake a stick at, a fine microbrew & import selection, drop ceiling panels decorated by local artists, a ridiculous array of delivery menus, and a haunting by a former owner, all make Guthries a classic Wrigleyville tavern (without the usual b.s. commonly found nearby) and one worthy of inclusion in Historic Bars of Chicago.
Can anyone say, St. Patty's Day after 25 beers?