Web version of this newsletter: http://www.chibarproject.com/Features/Newsletters/March2010.html
March 2010 Brewsletter
Two very cool events are coming up where you can meet your friends from Chicago Bar Project, so mark your calendars:
- April 1: Mobile Visionary Mixer – meet the world's mobile leaders, right here in Chicago
- April 22: People's Music School Happy Hour @ Rebel – a great cause & a great open bar
- Wild Pug – pugs run wild (literally on Saturdays) in this upscale, gay-friendly Uptown lounge
- Cobra Lounge – oasis for punk, metal and ska fans (free shows) and a bevy of ales
- Jarheads – why are Marines called Jarheads? Find out in this East Rogers Park dive
- Whistler – strange things are afoot in Logan Square that have nothing to do with whistling...
- Revolution Brewing Co. –
Chicago's newest brewpub (read: third) opens in Logan Square
- Morseland –
a former rockhouse dive reinvents itself as upscale bar & grill in Rogers Park
- Villains Bar & Grill –
neighborhood tavern meets edgy lounge in Printers Row
- Roscoe's Tavern –
a Boystown classic; even if you're straight, aren't you curious?...
- Siblings –
an exploration of West Rogers Park regs as friendly as your siblings in childhood
Perhaps not the start of a revolution one but a continuation: the owners of Handlebar bring us Revolution Brewing Company, which has become an instant classic with its craft brews in the spirit of brewpub predecessors Goose Island and Piece, and city brewers Half Acre and Metropolitan...
Historic Bars of Chicago is due out in early May (finally!)—reviews of the Top 100 most historic taverns, nightclubs, lounges, dives, and bierstubes in Chicago along with 26 do-it-yourself historic pub crawls—and you can pre-order your autographed copy today.